We are currently looking for someone to represent the mid-state chapter on the CPS committee. The CPS is the MMBA’s mountain bike race series.
Your duties would include:
From the CPS Director ….at a high level:
* Represent the Chapter from a racing perspective
* Be involved in the planning and prep work to lay out a Series race schedule, rules, promoter relations, budgets/invoicing, sponsor relations and planning.
* Racer relations - points tabulation, dispute management.
* Administrate the CPS during race season – sponsorship fulfillment, marketing and racer communications, Series awards and distribution (Annual Meeting).
* Help the other Chapters with their Benefits as needed.
* Meeting are a combination of face to face in Lansing and conference calls.
This is the Committee as a whole. The tasks are spread out over the group so no one person is doing everything. For example – Dennis Murphy from Western typically tabulates the points and handles racer questions around results etc. Cathy Needham invoices all the promoters for the promoter fee. I’ve typically handled the marketing/racer communications thing.
Where it’s a group effort is the planning, prep work, dealing with promotors and awards.